[Logwatch] How to supress the error report from being mailed out from a Linu x Box .

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Aug 13 13:59:20 MST 2004

--On Friday, August 13, 2004 4:29 AM +0530 Tejesh Chintamani
<Tejesh.Chintamani at tns-global.com> wrote:

> I have Logwatch installed on one of my Linux Box.If there is an error it
> sends the error report which would look like the following.I need to
> supress this report from being sent to the emails ids.can u pl .advice on
> how to go about this.

Do you want the report to go somewhere else? Edit /etc/aliases and assign
root's email to a suitable user. Or edit the logwatch entry in
/etc/cron.daily to put the output where you want it.

Do you want to suppress the report completely? Remove the entry in
/etc/cron.daily, or remove the logwatch package entirely.