[Logwatch] Filtering multiple http site logs separately

Cameron Booth cameron at cdbdesign.net
Fri Dec 3 09:02:10 MST 2004

Hi all,

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get LogWatch to process all
my apache logs separately, if they are for different sites? I have a Direct
Admin setup (Fedora Core 2), which is a simple tool for running a web
server. It places all the httpd files in /var/log/httpd/domains like:

/var/log/httpd/domains/somedomain.com.log
/var/log/httpd/domains/someotherdomain.com.log
.....etc.....

I've edited /etc/log.d/conf/logfiles/http.conf to have:
LogFile=/var/log/httpd/domains/*.log

That works, but what it does is just groups all my data into one:

 --------------------- httpd Begin ------------------------

5.27 MB transfered in 1538 responses  (1xx 0, 2xx 1369, 3xx 148, 4xx 21, 5xx
0)
 906 Images (2038345 bytes),
 1 Documents (103888 bytes),
 0 Archives (0 bytes),
 0 Sound files (0 bytes),
 0 Movies files (0 bytes),
 0 Windows executable files (0 bytes),
 614 Content pages (3377919 bytes),
<snip>

A total of 11 ROBOTS were logged
      Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html) 3 time(s)
      Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp;
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp) 30 time(s)
<snip>

It would be awesome if I could filter it so I would get a report like the
one above for each domain..

Any suggestions as to how to do that? Anybody know of any custom filters out
there already that do this?

Thanks in advance!

Cameron