[Logwatch] LogWatch, Subversion and WebDAV

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Wed Dec 22 09:12:12 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 06:46, Chris Marrin wrote:
> Chris Smith wrote:
>
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Basically because logwatch doesn't have a way to know what those records
> > are, they come up as 'other'.. the solution is to get into the logwatch
> > apache script and add some filters etc for it.
> >
> > If you're not having any luck - let us know and also post some lines
> > directly from the apache logs (not what logwatch reports - we need to
> > see the raw log entries) and someone might be able to hack something up
> > for you....
>
> Thanks. I will try hacking something in myself. I was hoping someone had
>   already come across this, since I would think that the intersection of
> logwatch and DAV is becoming more common.
>
> I will post it if I come up with anything interesting.

Also if you are running the 6.0Beta+ there is a file called Ignore.conf
which you can paste log lines [or partial log lines] into and have
logwatch ignore those lines. This is meant as a stop gap for people who
don;t want to hack at the service scripts. [Or between releases when you
really just want to stop seeing something in your logs].
--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net
http://www.stellarcore.net