[Logwatch] Uppercase short option bug in logwatch

Andrew Nicholson andrewn at lesto.com
Mon Jun 21 10:52:15 MST 2004

Kirk, Sorry no time to look at your latest version of logwatch or make
a patch ... an old RH7.1 machine (that isn't going to be upgraded for
a while) kept mailing the following errors:-

> /etc/cron.daily/00-logwatch:
>
> Duplicate specification "S|save=s" for option "s"
> Duplicate specification "D|debug=s" for option "d"

I found a simple fix:

     use Getopt::Long qw(:config no_ignore_case);

I noticed you haven't done this in Fedora1 but instead removed the
'S' and 'D' short options from:

  GetOptions( ...
        "S|save=s"     => \$Config{'save'},
        "D|debug=s"    => \$Config{'debug'},
        ... )

you can put them back now if you wanted.

Useful program - thanks, Andrew Nicholson