[Logwatch] qmail logs?

Bob Hutchinson hutchlists at midwales.com
Mon Nov 8 08:58:39 MST 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 13:20, Alexander Palm wrote:

> > > THX - That's it!
> >
> > Good. Let me know if you find any bugs, then I can fix them ;-)
>
> One info please,
> I have test it one time and the output only find send-Mails - what are the
> indicators for the other 3 options?

The scripts assume that your qmail logs are in the following places:
/var/log/qmail                  for send logs
/var/log/qmail/smtpd       for smtp logs
/var/log/pop3d                for pop3 logs

If your logs are somewhere else, then you will need to edit run_logwatch
If you comment out the last line
/etc/log.d/logwatch

then run it and look for the collated files
/var/log/qmail/qmail-send.log
/var/log/qmail/smtpd/qmail-smtpd.log
/var/log/qmail/pop3d/qmail-pop3d.log

If they do not exist you will have to set the paths in run_logwatch and in the
conf/logfiles/qmail-*-current.conf files so that they can be parsed by
logwatch

The scripts assume that you have installed qmail as per
http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html