[Logwatch] How to access the website

Kevin W. Gagel gagel at cnc.bc.ca
Wed Nov 17 16:08:27 MST 2004

> On 17 Nov 2004 at 13:24, Kevin W. Gagel wrote:
>
> > I have not been able to access the website. Is there a
> > mirror site I can access?
> >
> > I use http://www.logwatch.org and get redirected to
> > http://www2.logwatch.org:81/ but always endup with a page
> > not found error.
>
> Me too.  In my case my company firewall is blocking access to port 81, so I
> have to  use my home computer to go to the logwatch website.
> --

Yeah, we found the source of the problem. Our ISP is a government sponsored/run
outfit called PLNet. All schools and colleges were ordered on to it. We bypassed
our firewall and still could not access it. It turns out PLNet is blocking
incoming for port 81 but not out going. Now we have to get that cleared up.

Thanks.

Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
Information Technology Services