[Logwatch] imap unmatched entries

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Tue Apr 12 08:49:26 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 21:54, a sydneysider wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just upgraded to 6.01 from 5.1 running on Fedora. The improvements
> pertaining to amavis are great, but the reverse is the case for courier-imap
> logs. All of the imap entries are now unmatched under the heading "IMAP",
> where under the old version the imap entries came under the heading
> "courier-mta" and where displayed in a table. I have added impad to the
> courier.conf without luck and used the old scripts to no avail. Any way to
> get courier-imap going again.

I don't have courier around to check so hopefully someone like Willi
Mann can give you better advice.

But first to get rid of the IMAPD stuff just turn it off...

Add this line to ~/conf/logwatch.conf

Service = -imapd

Next make sure courier is on. Courier is funny in that it has an on/off
switch in the config file as well as the potential to be turned off in
the logwatch.conf. So make sure there is no Service = -courier in
logwatch.conf and then make sure ~/conf/services/courier.conf has

$courier_enable=1

Beyond that I know Willi Mann posted another set of courier patches on
the logwatch-devel list this may or may not help. Try running it under
debug also to see what it is doing

./logwatch.pl --service courier --debug 10 --print

and

./logwatch.pl --service courier --range all --print

--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net
http://www.stellarcore.net