[Logwatch] curious behavior of new filter

Dale Morin dale at MustangInternetServices.com
Fri Feb 4 08:26:21 MST 2005

Hello Everyone,

I have written a fairly simple filter that runs fine when I set the Service parameter in logwatch.conf to the filter
name.  When I set Service back to All, the filter produces no output.  The file permissions are correct as far as I can
determine for the three associated files:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          585 Feb  3 10:10 ./conf/logfiles/sec.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          406 Feb  4 08:24 ./conf/services/sec.conf
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         2061 Feb  4 08:59 ./scripts/services/sec

What could I have overlooked that would allow the filter to run properly by itself but not when running All filters?

I am running logwatch 5.2.2 on a RH ES 3.0 system.

Thanks in advance.

Dale