[Logwatch] Kernel Error ?

David Vaughan dvaughan at am-a.com
Thu Jun 9 09:17:45 MST 2005

As of yesterday i started receiving the following error in my logwatch 5.1
and am trying to figure out if this is related to a recent webserver
performance hit:

---------------------------------
WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
   smb_lookup: find //PE failed, error=-5...:  10 Time(s)

1 Time(s): smb_add_request: request [08a0de80, mid=14619] timed out!
---------------------------------

I'm googling now to hopefully come up with something, but if anyone has any
ideas I'd appreciate it. Our webserver seems to run fine except when it trys
to pull in data from our MSSQL server. It just hangs, times out. I'm trying
to determine if it's something on the webserver or something to do with our
MSSQL server.

Thank you.

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s).  It may
contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information.  If you are not
a designated recipient, you may not review, modify, copy or distribute this
message or its contents.  If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Thank you.