[Logwatch] Logwatch and Samba

Brandon Laing blaing at vancoservices.com
Mon Jun 27 06:13:59 MST 2005

Hi Ted,

I thought about that at first too, and have made sure that the folders
and files in question here have at least the same permissions as the
other logs in the folder do. I've even tried bumping them up higher,
just in case.

It seems as though Logwatch doesn't know how to read or parse the samba
log file. If I manually run a "logwatch --service samba --print", I get
nothing returned. Others, like Sendmail, work just fine.

Is there any way of finding out if it's having issues reading the logs?
I'd really like to get this working for a couple of fileservers it all
possible.

Thanks!