[Logwatch] Logwatch and Samba

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Mon Jun 27 18:35:39 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 06:13, Brandon Laing wrote:

> It seems as though Logwatch doesn't know how to read or parse the samba
> log file. If I manually run a "logwatch --service samba --print", I get
> nothing returned. Others, like Sendmail, work just fine.

There is a bug in the applydate filter for samba.. [groan] I'll commit
the fix to cvs now but if you want to fix it by hand it is rather small
:)

Edit

/etc/log.d/scripts/logfiles/samba/applydate

Remove the white space at the end of this line 34

elsif ($ThisLine =~ m/^\[$SearchDate2/o) {

It should look like the above ^ there was a space between $SearchDate2 /
which causes this to not match anything since under Fedora Core 2 the
log looks like

[2005/06/26 17:15:40, 1] smbd

Notice the comma instead of a space :)

--