[Logwatch] logwatch & ipfilter

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Tue Jun 28 08:51:35 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 03:18, Rob Ward wrote:
> Hi, I have logwatch installed and running on NetBSD. There doesn't appear
> to be support for the ipfilter firewall. I've had a look on the web and
> can't find any service modules for ipfilter and I wouldn't know where to
> start writing my own. Does anyone know if there's one available?

I have not heard of one yet. Not a big surprise since logwatch has its
roots in Linux [RedHat] and has only recently been branching out to
other OS's.

Now having said that we've been talking about splitting the iptables
stuff from the kernel logs so maybe if this happens an iptables/ipfilter
generic service can be written. Might be worth it considering ipfilter
is so common in the BSD world [and now ships with Solaris 10]

--
Mike Tremaine
mgt at stellarcore.net
http://www.stellarcore.net