[Logwatch] Logwatch 7

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Fri Oct 14 17:28:20 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 20:45 +0200, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 logwatch at mikecappella.com wrote:
>
> > > i try to install RPM Logwatch 7
> > > but during the installation i've an error of dependancies File::Temp
> > >
> > > but i've install CPAN File::Temp
> > > can i force the installation ?
> >
> > If you've manually installed and know that your dependencies are correct,
> > you can use the --nodeps option and force the installation.
>
> The better thing is to use CPAN2RPM and make sure you fix your dependency
> tree by getting all the CPAN stuff into the RPM database by packaging it.

That is probably the best thing to do.

I don't have a system with 5.6 [other then Solaris 9] around I can check
on but you should be able to do something like

 rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/perl5/5.6/File/Temp.pm

To see if your system knows about File::Temp

Under Centos4 you get

[mgt at dwarfstar ~]$ rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/File/Temp.pm
perl-5.8.5-16.RHEL4