[Logwatch] getting logwatch to monitor an ethernet bond

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Wed Apr 19 06:55:59 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 13:59 +0800, Denny Antonino wrote:
> I have logwatch running on a fedora core 5 64EMT server. Everything's
> running great but I have a file I'd like to include in the logwatch
> email. Located at "/proc/net/bonding/" the file name is bond0 which is
> an up to date status of the bonding of eth0 and eth1.
>
> I've been reading though the documentation but just can't seem to get
> it. I don't need to parse the file just basically get it included in
> the email with a title to separate it from the other sections.
>
> If someone could help me out or point me towards some more information
> regarding this I'd be greatful.

You need to make a wrapper that basically just does a
cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0.

The example of wrappers are zz-disk_space [which used to be simple but
has grown] and zz-fortune. Both started as a simple call to external
program [df and fortune]. Look at those and read HOWTO-Customize-
LogWatch.

That should get you in the right direction.