[Logwatch] vsftp logs

Bob Hutchinson hutchlists at midwales.com
Thu Jun 1 01:21:23 MST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 15:31, logwatch at buglecreek.com wrote:
> I run a ftp server with multiple virtual interfaces for different ftp
> sites.  I would like to create separate logs for each interface.  This
> is easy with vsftp, but I don't know if logwatch will be able to process
> the individual interface vsftpd logs.  For example, this is how the logs
> will be created:  /var/log/vsftpd/site1.log, /var/log/vsftpd/site2.log,
> /var/log/vsftpd/site3.log etc.  This would take to place of everything
> being placed in /var/log/vsftpd.log.  Can logwatch handle this out of
> the box or are their some tweaks that can be done?

you will need a logfile definition for each one.
run
logwatch --help
and you will see how you can over-ride the conf,
use --print for testing purposes
--debug <number> will give you lots of output if you get stuck
use --logfile and --service

once it works create a script for each one and run on the cron

HTH