[Logwatch] multiemail and splithosts

Edward Rudd urkle at outoforder.cc
Mon Apr 9 07:19:01 MST 2007

I have one of my machine configured to use multiemail and splithosts to
send logwatch summaries for 2 systems (one being a firewall with it's
disk in read only mode forwarding syslog to the second).

I have my Detail set to 5 (irrelevant)  and my Output format set to HTML.

When I have the output set to html I receive 2 copies of the header and
footer in the second email.. Also the header of the second email has 2
copies of the  index from the first e-mail.

After looking through logwatch.pl I have found that the ALL of output
buffers have not been cleared.

Attached is a patch that clears the rest of the output buffers. (
out_foot, out_head, out_mime, out_reference and reports)

Thanks for the wonder piece of software,
Regards
Edward Rudd