[Logwatch] time range settings

MrC lists-logwatch at cappella.us
Fri Feb 2 12:40:09 MST 2007

> Jason wrote:
> > I tried '-1 hours',
> > but if the command runs at 10:15 it'll only pick up 9:15 to
> 10:15, not
> > 9:00 to 10:00.  '-1 hours for that hour' appears to do the
> same thing.
>
> That should have done what you wanted. '-1 hour for that
> hour' or 'one hour ago for that hour' should have provided
> log info for 9:00 to right before 10:00 am, if run between
> 10:00 am and right before 11:00 am.
>
> If it doesn't work, please send me the appropriate log
> entries, and I will take a look at it.

Hi Bjorn,

This does not work:

'one hour ago for that hour'

but this does:

'1 hour ago for that hour'

This also fails:

 'between -2 and -1 days'

even though the help text indicates it should work.

As an aside, if you really want a good time, I found a bug just after the
daylight saving time transition, where requesting periods just prior to the
DST change does not work correctly.  I started to debug this, and found the
DST offset was not being correctly calculated.  I've forgotten all the
details now.

MrC