[Logwatch] Multiple service-names in one service

Kit Gerrits kitgerrits at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 14:22:10 MST 2007

Indeed.

The only time I see ntpdate messages is when it tells me that the ntp socket
is already in use.

A long time ago, on a server far, far away, an admin decided to upgrade ntp
from a 6am cron-job to a full-blown daemon.
Apparently, he forgot the remove the cron job...

I'n simply tring to get my logwatch --range all below 5 pages...
(not that simple, if you recall that HP-UX only rotates when the system
reboots)
(last reboot was 6 months ago, after a power failure.

I'm also working on a vmunix script. (don't ask, you don't want to know)
Apparently, regular @arrays are easier is you don't expect a message to
appear more than once.
(and you can simply print the array, w00t)

You can look forward to a sample-logwatch-script-bits file sometime soon.
(with things like a hashed-array list, regular array list,
  pattern-grab, printout routines, etc,etc...)
If only for my own reference...

Regards,

Kit