[Logwatch] Logwatch will not report

bizzy admin at bizz.co.uk
Wed Jan 3 12:26:53 MST 2007

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> It seems you need to investigate logrotate. That is how these weekly logs
> get there. (Or at least that is how it is usually done.) But you need to
> investigate the system to see what happens to the logs as logwatch can not
> perform miracles and generate reports out of thin air.
It looks like you are on the right track. I found this thread  this
afternoon which perfectly describes my symptoms blaming a hardened /tmp
directory (eh?). I have put in the suggested logrotate fix. I guess it is
now just a matter of sitting back for 24/48 hours and see if it all works:

http://layer0.layeredtech.com/showthread.php?t=4850

Will let you know what happens...

Regards
Stuart