[Logwatch] Logwatch will not report

bizzy admin at bizz.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 03:08:00 MST 2007

bizzy wrote:

> Will let you know what happens...

Well I discovered that the logrotate people had sorted the problem by
upgrading from 3.1.5 to 3.1.6. This was released October 20th and has yet to
make any Centos/RHEL distrubutions. But you can get on Centos by adding the
Fasttrack repository and simply doing a 'yum update logrotate'. Unless you
force it you have to wait for the Monday after the following Sunday (when
the first correct rotation takes place) for Logwatch to resume reporting as
normal.

I was surprised by the sparsity of info on this considering the hold
Centos/RHEL has on the dedicated server market. It should have effected all
recent new systems. I'm not sure whether updating the OS hardens /tmp. It
loks like my other provider avoided the situation by knocking out logrotate
from the script ...

Again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.