[Logwatch] amavisd-new and logwatch

MrC lists-logwatch at cappella.us
Thu Jan 11 13:21:14 MST 2007

Steve,

You won't want to try to change the Towards variable, as it is captured
line-by-line.  You would have to instead filter out from your maillog the
lines you don't want, saving those that you want into a temporary logfile,
and then process them with logwatch.  Alternatively, you could create a
simple script that does the filtering, and add a line to the amavis conf
file to run your script (eg. *FilterOutUsers).  I think that setting an
environment variable that your script uses (eg. the desired email address)
would work.  You might need to update your logwatch version to do this.  See
the HOWTO-Customize-LogWatch in the recent versions of logwatch.

MrC

Ps. When I return from vacation next week, I have an update to the amavis
service that will provide a couple nice changes.