[Logwatch] iptables summary on Ubuntu

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Jan 21 11:28:20 MST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Dale Morin wrote:

> The difference is the [52899815.060000] in the Ubuntu/Debian record.
> Since it is a timestamp, it prevents logwatch from summarizing the number
> of logged packets by IP.  This makes the kernel section of the logwatch
> report much larger than it needs to be.

How about doing it the other way around? Check the iptables config to drop
the extra timestamp and you have no need to change logwatch files.

As I have not seen the request before one can argue it is something rather
specific to your config of your iptables setup.

Hugo.

--
 	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/