[Logwatch] Logwatch http and plesk

Noll, Stefan | METRIX Internet Design GmbH s.noll at metrix.de
Tue May 15 08:28:38 MST 2007

Hi list,

my server works with SuSE Linux 9.3 and Plesk and logwatch-7.3.2-2

But my daily logwatch email is nearly empty.
Only the service Disk Space is in this email.

The service ftpd-xferlog I could easily append.
I found the xferlog at /usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog.
I copied from /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/xferlog.conf
to /etc/logwatch/conf/logfiles/xferlog.conf
And added the logfile /usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog

But the service http doesn't report anything.
I found the access_log at
/srv/www/vhosts/xxx.tld/statistics/logs/access_log.
I added this to logfiles/http.conf

Working on the shell via
 /usr/sbin/logwatch --service http  --print --range yesterday --debug 10
creates no entries for http.

But in the output there is the access_log mentioned:
Preprocessing LogFile: http
/var/log/httpd/access_log
/srv/www/vhosts/xxx.tld/statistics/logs/access_log

In the access_log are many entries for yesterday.

On another server with Fedora Core 6 and logwatch-7.3-7.fc6 I get the
http-report.
But there is no diff between the files at
/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/http.conf

Any tips?

Thanks in advance
Stefan