[Logwatch] Fwd: logwatch unable to send an email with exim

Kirk Bauer kirk at kaybee.org
Tue Nov 6 06:30:16 MST 2007

Any exim users who can comment?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Spacemonkey Support <support at spacemonkey.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:04:20 +1300
Subject: logwatch unable to send an email with exim
To: logwatch-bugs at logwatch.org

Hi,

We are a web hosting company based in New Zealand. Our server is
currently running exim as our mail agent.

We were previously running version 6.0.1 of logwatch, which didn't seem
to pick up any of the exim logs. Because of this reason, today we have
upgraded logwatch to version 7.3.6. exim logs now seem to be getting
picked up correctly by logwatch.

However, we came across a problem that did not exist when we were
running 6.0.1. Before we were able to receive emails generated by
logwatch by changing the MailTo variable in logwatch.conf to another
email address e.g. admin at spacemonkey.co.nz.

After we have installed the new version, however, logwatch fails to run
to completion and simply spits out the following message:

[root at spacemonkey default.conf]# /usr/sbin/logwatch
No mail for root

We can't be sure whether this is in fact a bug or not, but the fact that
it was working previously led us to believe that it could be a bug.

Kind Regards,
Theo.

--
Kirk Bauer <kirk at kaybee.org>