[Logwatch] Fwd: logwatch unable to send an email with exim

Matt Mansfield lists at matt.org.uk
Thu Nov 8 12:43:04 MST 2007

> From: Kirk Bauer <kirk at kaybee.org>
> Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 06:30:16 -0700
> To: <logwatch at logwatch.org>
> Subject: [Logwatch] Fwd: logwatch unable to send an email with exim
>
> Any exim users who can comment?

Sounds to me like Logwatch is running the 'mail' command (see the mailer
option in the Logwatch config).

If I run 'mail' on my system it returns 'no mail for root'.

Maybe the mailer command in the Logwatch config needs to be updated for
Exim, I know I always have to change the path for Postfix on my Redhat
machines, maybe it's something similar in this case?

Matt