[Logwatch] Logwatch 7.3.6 Released

Uwe Dippel udippel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:11:57 MST 2007

On May 20, 2007 8:25 AM, Kirk Bauer <kirk at kaybee.org> wrote:
> Logwatch 7.3.6 has been released which fixes a bug with --mailto and
> with the Samba filter that was present in 7.3.5.
>
> --
> Kirk Bauer <kirk at kaybee.org>
> http://linux.kaybee.org | www.autorpm.org | www.logwatch.org

Thanks, Kirk !

I don't have the time to always upgrade to the latest and greatest
immediately, sorry.
Now I took that time, and upgraded 7.3.1 to 7.3.6 on OpenBSD.

Thanks for adding some of my hints for OpenBSD into the installer
script. One might even think of 'uname' instead of making us editing ?
Whatever, no problem.

The only problem remaining is, that the logwatch.pl still does not
read the $BASEDIR from the installer, but insists on the default one.
(I did mention this earlier, didn't I ?)
So, even with a BASEDIR set to /usr/local/sbin/logwatch the
logwatch.pl will be created with a BASEDIR /usr/share/logwatch. Surely
a minor bug.

Thanks for a great software, and keep the good work up !

Uwe