[Logwatch] cron daily also contains logwatch

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Sep 30 23:52:00 MST 2007

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Farkas Levente wrote:

> we use centos and fedora and recently the daily cron report also
> contains logwatch, but at the same time there is another mail for
> logwatch which only contains logwatch. this doesn't happend earlier. i
> don't know which component was upgraded, but this is annoying. the
> earlier solution (one daily cron and one logwatch) was more useful.
> anybody know what happned and what can be the reason for this?

Does this mean you automagically install updates? (I recommend NEVER to do
that automagical!) Do you use only the old ones provided by the distro
itself? Or are you using more recent ones from another source?

Come to think of it which logwatch version are you running? To the best of
my knowledge logwatch has been added to the daily crontab jobs ages ago.

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)