[Logwatch] logwatch --range

Bjorn L. bl_logwatch2 at mblmail.net
Sun Feb 10 16:04:05 MST 2008

The default period is 'day'.  The period defines the resolution of the
date match.  So --range finds out what day the first and last period
are, and displays messages for those days.

For hour boundaries, you may append "for those hours".  For example:
    --range 'between -27 hours and -3 hours for those hours'.

Your last example is trickier, because the start and end periods differ
down to the seconds.  So you could specify 'for those seconds', but that
would be very inefficient.  So it would be better if you make your
date/time boundaries on the hour (specify 'for those hours') or days
('for those days').  The 'for those minutes' and 'for those seconds' are
more useful if you can define a small number of minutes or seconds,
respectively.