[Logwatch] logwatch not sending emails to alternate email address

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 07:15:32 MST 2008

hi guys

recently we have upgraded our hosts to fedora 8, which breaks logwatch to
send emails on alternate email address

we have configured logwatch to sent emails

# cat /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf
# Local configuration options go here (defaults are in
/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf)
MailTo = root,logwatch-analyser at abc.com

after upgrade logwatch no longer sending daily email to "
logwatch-analyser at abc.com" but only to root.

If i run the cron job manually it do send emails on both emails addresses.

/etc/cron.daily/0logwatch  which is symbolic link to
/usr/share/logwatch/scripts/logwatch.pl

i wonders why its not sending emails at both addresses when it run under
cron.daily.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards,