[Logwatch] logwatch not sending emails to alternate email address

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Wed Feb 13 11:26:35 MST 2008

Asrai khn wrote:

Under Fedora 8 to fix this issue the logwatch.pl script must be
modified. This should be reported back up to Fedora. Basically you need
to move the ENV kludge forward. Line 63 is about right and it should
look like this

#Honor ENV MAILTO as default if exists -mgt
if ($ENV{'MAILTO'}) {
     $Config{'mailto'} = $ENV{'MAILTO'};
} else {
     $Config{'mailto'} = "root";
}

Then remove the other ENV setting at around line 362 just remove the
whole conditional.

After that it should work right. I'm going to fix what we have in CVS also.