[Logwatch] logwatch not sending emails to alternate email address

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 04:15:26 MST 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Mike Tremaine <mgt at stellarcore.net> wrote:

> Asrai khn wrote:
> >

> Under Fedora 8 to fix this issue the logwatch.pl script must be
> modified. This should be reported back up to Fedora. Basically you need
> to move the ENV kludge forward. Line 63 is about right and it should
> look like this
>
> #Honor ENV MAILTO as default if exists -mgt
> if ($ENV{'MAILTO'}) {
>     $Config{'mailto'} = $ENV{'MAILTO'};
> } else {
>     $Config{'mailto'} = "root";
> }
>
> Then remove the other ENV setting at around line 362 just remove the
> whole conditional.
>
> After that it should work right. I'm going to fix what we have in CVS
> also.

Hi Mike,

I  check out the  updated logwatch.pl from  cvs and  still  its only
sending emails to 'root' coz of "MAILTO=root" in /etc/crontab and ignoring
/etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf where we have using ....

# Local configuration options go here (defaults are in
/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf)
MailTo = root,logwatch-analyser at email-monitor.abc.com

thanks