[Logwatch] logwatch not sending emails to alternate email address

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 04:41:51 MST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Markus Lude

> > Did you try adding "Print = No" to /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf
> > please try it and let us know.
>
> You might additionally add
>
>  mailer = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"
>
> With both changes it works for me on FC8.
>
> Markus,

Man you did it :) after adding "mailer = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t" now its
sending mail  to email address defined in /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf.

here is our logwatch.conf after the changes

# Local configuration options go here (defaults are in
/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf)
MailTo = root,logwatch-analyser at email-monitor.abc.com
Print = No
mailer = "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

Here is the mail "To" header

To: root at a.abc.com, logwatch-analyser at email-monitor.abc.com

I am wondering what the dev. ppl will say about this ?

Thanks and regards