[Logwatch] Unable to kill dovecot disconnect warnings.

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Mon Nov 17 20:06:36 MST 2008

On Nov 17, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Edward Dekkers wrote:

>> Posted a smaple of the log line you want to ignore and what
>> version of
>> logwatch you are running..
>>
>> I just checked a mail server that I know is running dovecot
>>
>>   [root at mail brianh]# rpm -q dovecot
>> dovecot-0.99.11-9.EL4
>> [root at mail brianh]# rpm -q logwatch
>> logwatch-7.3.6-1
>>

>> And I do not see this problem so if you point it out to us I'll
>> try to
>> make it go away.
>>
>> -Mike
>
> Thanks for the reply Mike. These are the lines I'm seeing (from
> yesterday's
> e-mail):
>
> Dovecot disconnects:
>     Logged out bytes=18726/154651: 1 Time(s)

.
.
.
>     Logged out bytes=9140/316560: 1 Time(s)
>     Logged out bytes=97/8268: 2 Time(s)
>     in IDLE: 2 Time(s)
>
> dovecot-imapd 1.1.1.4-0ubuntu1.2
> logwatch 7.3.6cvs20080702-1ubuntu2

I see these are actually hitting a rule that makes them get counted
in the Disconnected counts, but instead of showing the reasons as
"Logged out" it give us extra information about the session... So to
fix this I need a raw long line with the Logged out message not just
the logwatch report version of it. [It should be in /var/log/maillog
you could just use grep 'Logged out' /var/log/maillog to get it and
post just one or two of them.]

Thanks,