[Logwatch] logwatch is DOA - strace -f output included from test.pl

Dale Morin dale at mustanginternetservices.com
Thu Oct 2 14:06:08 MST 2008

Bjorn,

> So it is hanging on the
>     while (defined($ThisFile = readdir(SERVICESDIR)))
> statement.  I can't think of a reason.  Any additional files in that
> directory?  Anything with unusual permissions?  As Mike mentioned, any
> SELinux error messages?

No unusual messages that I have noted.

The permissions of all dirs up to (down to) and including services are
755, and owned by root:root.  The files in the services directory are
all regular files owned by root:root and perms 644 (with the exception
of . and .. of course).

This script hangs as well and it doesn't use the defined test:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
$BaseDir = "/usr/share/logwatch";
my $ServicesDir = "$BaseDir/default.conf";
if (-d "$ServicesDir/services") {
    print "opening dir\n";
    opendir(SERVICESDIR, "$ServicesDir/services") or die "$ServicesDir $!";
    print "dir opened\n";
    while ( my $file = readdir(SERVICESDIR)) {
           print "Found $file\n";
    }
    print "closing dir\n";
    closedir SERVICESDIR;
    print "dir closed\n";
}

Thanks again.

--
Dale Morin, Mustang Internet Services, Inc.