[Logwatch] logwatch is DOA - strace -f output included from test.pl

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Oct 2 14:26:22 MST 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 2:07 PM, Bjorn L. wrote:

> And if you don't find anything suspicious, try the following:
>
> cd /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf
> mv services services.old
> cp -r services.old services
>
> and then run the test.pl script again to see if it still hangs in the
> same place.
>

> Bjorn L. wrote:
>> So it is hanging on the
>>     while (defined($ThisFile = readdir(SERVICESDIR)))
>> statement.  I can't think of a reason.  Any additional files in that
>> directory?  Anything with unusual permissions?  As Mike mentioned,
>> any
>> SELinux error messages?
>>

>> Dale Morin wrote:
>>> Bjorn,

Very strange. It's almost like part of perl broken. Have you run
"ldconfig" since the last update, it might be worth doing that just
in case some libraries have moved around. Also you try changing the
script Bjorn gave you to reading from /tmp just to see if that is
different.

IS SELinux being run on the machine? Have you tried running this
script under the perl debugger? "perl -d <script>"