[Logwatch] merge logfiles

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Oct 10 10:05:31 MST 2008

on 10-10-2008 12:00 AM Urs Golla spake the following:
> Hi all
>
> At the moment we have only 1 logserver for > 300 Unix servers. I would
> like to log to 2 logservers to make sure we dont lose logs if we
> reboot one of the servers. What is a good way to merge the logfiles
> from both servers before generating the reports?
>
> Regards
I would either set your logservers as some sort of failover cluster or set
your 300 servers up with some way to spool logs locally if they can't reach
the logserver. The cluster should be easier with something like DRBD and
heartbeat ( see the Linux High Availability site -- www.linux-ha.org ).

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and