[Logwatch] Help with running postfix scans with Logwatch

Sharada vittal.sharada at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:15:19 MST 2010

Hi,

This is my 1st post on the forum. Installed log-watch today. Very nice tool!

Problem - Logwatch email not reporting any information from postfix logs

File - /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logwatch.conf

# The 'Service' option expects either the name of a filter
# (in /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/*) or 'All'.
# The default service(s) to report on.  This should be left as All for
# most people.
Service = All
# You can also disable certain services (when specifying all)
Service = "-zz-network"     # Prevents execution of zz-network service,
which
                            # prints useful network configuration info.
Service = "-zz-sys"         # Prevents execution of zz-sys service, which
                            # prints useful system configuration info.
Service = "-eximstats"      # Prevents execution of eximstats service, which
                            # is a wrapper for the eximstats program.

Services is set to 'ALL' as you can see in this configuration, from which I
assume each *.conf file in '/usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/' will be
reported in the log report if the service is running?
If so, I have postfix.conf in the 'service' directory. Yet, the logwrap
report does not have a section for postfix ( btw...postfix is running, and
reporting the the maillog)

/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/postfix.conf
Title = postfix
# Which logfile group...
LogFile = maillog
# Only give lines pertaining to the postfix service...
*OnlyService = "postfix/[a-zA-Z0-9]*"
*RemoveHeaders =

Since my mail log firectory is /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog
I changed /etc/logwatch/conf/logfile/postfix.conf
/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

/etc/logwatch/conf/services/postfix.conf
LogFile=maillog

Yet there are no reports of postfix in my mail log.

Thanks!